The "error" on Sideshow Vader's helmet explained...

Picture credit: www.mwctoys.com

Firstly, I just got to say...."Hah! I was dead right! There IS something wrong about Sideshow Vader's helmet...!" Although it's a minor thing to some, but boy it bugged me! Refer to my earlier post for my geeky rant. And thanks to master reviewer Michael Crawford, my curiosity has been delicately explained:


"While it might seem minor at first - the right fennel (that little post that sticks out from the corner of his mouth) isn't painted silver. At all. It's not broken off, it's just not painted. Yep, it's just one little dot of silver paint...but it's right there, out in front, like a pimple on prom night. It appears as though this isn't an error, but done on purpose. Now, I've never seen a still of Vader with one unpainted 'tusk', and it just doesn't look right in person, so even if they did it for some obscure film accuracy, I would have preferred that they not."
Read his full review of Sideshow Darth Vader here, a real top notch review as always from one of the great action-figure reviewer of our times.

Comments