Red Skull's gonna be played by.....'Hugo Weaving'!!!

According to the Hollywood Reporter's blogpage, Marvel Studios has decided to award the part of Red Skull for their upcoming Captain America movie to Hugo Weaving. I'm not a huge fan of the Matrix trilogy, but one thing I look forward to everytime I watch the movies was the character Agent Smith. Dare I say it, IMHO he's even much cooler than the main protagonist played by Keanu Reeves! The world of geeks shudders everytime he uttered "Mr An-der-sen....". Let's also not forget what's the man done for the LOTR trilogy and the uber-cool V for Vendetta! For the record, I've always thought he'd make a perfect Sinestro (Green Lantern's nemesis from the DC Universe).

The funny thing is, no actor has been finalised to fill in Cap's shoes as yet, but Marvel Studios was pretty adamant to get Hugo for Red Skull. Seems that the part was cut out for him ever since.

So, Mr Smith.....errr, Weaving......we salute you!

Comments

yes, heard about him.

he's going to be rocking that charecter for sure.
Rafys78 said…
Capt. A-me-ri-ca.


Hihihi...looking forward to it.
saruman said…
cool... the last Capt. America movie was crap!
Dash MacBastard said…
I'm down with Hugo as Red Skull. I just hope to hell that the rumors of Cap being played by Chris Evans are crap.