MOTUC acquisition for May '10....

May '10 was supposed to be THE month where some MOTUC collectors battle online to get the 'supposedly' coveted giant-sized Tytus figure and the 'I-couldn't-care-less-about-it' NA figure, Optikk. For me, I was only looking forward to get the re-issue figure of the month, Mer-man. Being a fan of the Filmation cartoon series first, rather than the 'expanded' MOTU universe, my immediate focus is to get hold of the characters which appeared in the much beloved cartoon series....which means that, to put it in the most subtle words I could think of....I don't give a r** a** about Tytus and Optikk....LOL!

Read more...

Mer-man arrived within 4 days, officially making it the fastest MOTUC figure yet to arrive on my doorstep thus far. Well, technically it was sent to a friend's place since I ordered it together with him to save on shipping...well, but you get the idea. From the packagin below, you can see that "Mer-my" came with two heads, one is his classic comic-book/Filmation head and the other supposedly taking cue from the 2002 series.


Here he is with the 'classic' head and his rather 'cornish-looking' sword.....heheh.


I must say, he looks rather mean with the classic head.


Pop on the 2002 series-inspired head and you get yourself a rather comical-looking head. Some say he looks like a lost puppy with this head...*sigh*....hahah!


The more I look at it, the more decisive I got on which head to use for my display shelf...I think I'm gonna opt for the maniacal-look instead of this puppy-eyed ver...


"So, who's the REAL lord of the ocean now, eh?!!"

Comments

Dash MacBastard said…
Next to Beast-Man, Mer-Man was one of my favorite MOTU characters.