Quick Preview: Hot Toys "Black" Spidey with Sandman base....

Hot-Toys-Spider-Man-with-Sandman-Base

At first I was thinking...."Yawn, another Spiderman figure from Hot Toys!". Then I saw something special about this latest 1/6th offering. Something I wish they had done during their red-and-blue Spidey release. Had they included this piece of 'item' with the red/blue Spidey, I would've pre-ordered that in a heartbeat. Heck, now I'm even considering gettin' this latest HT Spidey figure!

Read more.....
Ok HT, you have my undivided attention now. This new Spidey figure is purportedly 'improved' from the first Spidey (red/blue) figure i.e. better silvery web and honeycomb pattern on his suit.

Hot-Toys-Spider-Man-with-Sandman-Base

Gotta love that 'shooting web' effect!!!

Hot-Toys-Spider-Man-with-Sandman-Base

Spidey also comes with a Sandman 'base'. This was how Flint Marko aka The Sandman was best remembered in the 3rd Spidey movie.....bashing Spiderman! Ok, by now you would have probably noticed that extra head in the picture below......that is the real 'shiznit' of this set!

Hot-Toys-Spider-Man-with-Sandman-Base

But before we go into the headsculpt, here's what you'd get if you opt to buy the "exclusive version", a 'meteor hammer' in addition to the normal sand-clenched fist.

Hot-Toys-Spider-Man-with-Sandman-Base

Behold!!! Now this is very tempting! Tempting enough to actually sway The Rebel himself to pre-order this Black Spidey. Honestly I'm not really head-over-heels over the Sandman base, but this wicked Tobey Maguire headsculpt is too die for!!! Just look at the skin texture and the skin tone! Judging from Hot Toys' quality control, I believe that the final product would be more or less like we see here.

So, anybody up to pre-order this? 

Hot-Toys-Spider-Man-with-Sandman-Base

Hot-Toys-Spider-Man-with-Sandman-Base

Hot-Toys-Spider-Man-with-Sandman-Base

Comments

Armand said…
I agree Rebel, had Hot Toys included a headsculpt I'd have bought it too. Since I dont have the Medicom Black Suit Spiderman I'll be preordering this one.