My quick thoughts on G.I. Joe: Retaliation....


First of all let me tell you how good it is to be back. Was quite tied up with several matters for the past month. Heck my last posting was in early February '13! Goodness, I've even missed March....yup, no posts at all during March. Worst case of writer's block ever...sort of.

Brought my wife and kid to see the second instalment of the G.I. Joe movie the other day. G.I. Joe 2 or officially known as G.I. Joe: Retaliation is a total opposite from the 1st movie (Rise of Cobra or ROC for short). While ROC was more 'kid-friendly', 'Retaliation is almost Nolan-esque...the sense of realism is really, well....realistic.

Totally loved the star-studded cast member. Bruce Willis, Dwayne Johnson and Ray Stevenson (outstanding performance by the man!) was but a few A-list stars that really made the movie truly enjoyable. I can't fathom the fact that there are people who actually dissed the movie outright. These so-called movie 'critics' said that the plot was weak, acting was terrible, CGI was on overkill etc. just to name a few. I'm telling you, these 'experts' know nuts about G.I. Joe and its history to really appreciate the movie. Heck, you don't even need to be a hardcore fan of the classic cartoon series to enjoy 'Retaliation. It's just that good of a movie. 

I can imagine the look of fanboys when they see a certain 'iconic vehicle' making its way onto the big screen towards the end of the movie. I was too excited until I actually forgot to blink my eyes!

However, I was a bit disappointed by the new director's decision to leave out Scarlett and Ripcord out of the movie. Those were among the outstanding ones from ROC who deserved to be in the sequel. No General Hawk (Dennis Quaid) too...what a bummer.

Whatever it is...both my wife and I loved the movie. I think we're gonna watch it again sometime soon. If you haven't watched it yet, then I recommend you to do so. 

Comments