Last haul for July...

end July haul

I was just mulling over the list of backlog reviews of the stuff that I've acquired lately and yet more stuff found its way into The Rebel's toy-vault last weekend:

Read more....

1) Hot Toys sixth scale movie Avengers Loki - Every Avengers-related sixth scale figure picked up brings me much closer to the 1/6 Hulk! Heard that Loki here is sold-out everywhere else in the world. I couldn't care less about the after-market crazy prices, this one's going into my display shelf real soon to stand next to Thor.

2) Star Wars 6" The Black Series wave 1 - finally CAVED IN and got myself the whole 4-figure set. I was just planning to collect the OTC characters but once I held every each of 'em in hand, I soon realise that all of 'em deserves a spot in my Star Wars collection, Darth Maul included.

My wife and I even got some printed materials for our 'light reading' before we hit the sack at night:

1) Alif the Unseen - A highly recommended book about a boy and a 'jinn' who seems to have wi-fi access from whence he came from. Word has it that this Gaiman-esque story received lots of positive reviews. Intriguing read.

2) The Zombie Survival Guide - This sarcastic-slash-mockumentary survival guide is actually a precursor  to the wonderful World War Z book. Interesting to know that after the recent World War Z flick, Brad Pitt himself has confirmed that the 'Survival Guide was to be made into a movie as well. MUST read! 

3) He-Man and the Masters of The Universe Vol 1 - I've been waiting for this TPB to hit the shelves since forever. Despite the barrage of criticisms from those who've read the original single-monthly issues in 2012, I still believe that the 6-issue TPB might have its moments to look forward to.

Comments

desmond said…
Rebel, i really envy you to collect the star wars 6 inch black series. The sculpting work is great with very good articulation. Once you start this series, I believe you will keep collecting other characters :P
The Rebel said…
Des - I do hope Hasbro maintain the sculpting quality for future Waves.....Wave 2 doesn't look too good at this point (I sure hope the final released products have better sculpts than the proto figures!)
Anonymous said…
Hi..where did u buy the he-man volume 1 comic?
Anonymous said…
Hi buddy..appreciate if you can tell me where u bought the tpb for masters of the universe..really looking for those..thnkss..
The Rebel said…
Hi anonymous....

Depends on where you're at really....I'm in KL, Malaysia. I bought those at Kinokuniya @ KLCC. They had a bunch of em last I saw.