The Walking Dead: Autopsy Zombie...

Autopsy Zombie

Today I'm gonna look at the Autopsy Zombie from McFarlane's Series 3 of 'The Walking Dead' (TWD) TV series action figure line. For the record, my wife thinks that it's repulsive to talk about dead stuff let alone taking pictures of all of the gory detail and such....LOL. But I think we're willing to make an exception to that rule since the whole lot of us (together with my wife and son) are hardcore fans of the AMC TV series. I've always wanted a horde of zombies (or 'walkers' to Kirkman's TWD fans) to go againts them human survivors. I've really wanted the Zombie Biter from Series 1 but as I've mentioned in my previous TWD reviews, these figures are hard to come by. So when I  had the chance to get all of the Series 3 figures, I jumped on it since Series 3 would give me a total of 3 walkers! So let's go very briefly into the Autopsy Zombie....

Read more....
The packaging is the same as we've seen with Merle's from my last TWD review. He's from Series 3 hence the 'prison motive' at the top part of the card. But technically he appeared in Season 2 so by right he should've appeared with the 'farmhouse motive' at the top if you wanna go with timeline accuracy. Anyway, doesn't matter much anyway as there are no rules that specify these requirements and I hate to go into these unnecassary intricate details...hahah.

The Walking Dead Series 3: Autopsy Zombie

The Walking Dead Series 3: Autopsy Zombie

Again, the cardback which shows us the rest of Series 3 line-up.
 
The Walking Dead Series 3: cardback

A little bit of back story of the Autopsy Zombie for those not in the know. This particular walker was brought down by Daryl in the woods sometime in mid-Season 2 during their height of their search for Sophia, Carol's daughter who went missing during the frenzy in the opening episode of Season 2. During the scene, Rick watched as Daryl performed the 'autopsy' and discovered a partially eaten human hand and the carcass of a woodchuck/squirrel inside the walker's gut! Definitely one of the most grossed out moments from the series ever thus far! Both 'items' were included here as accessories but I figured the review done on the Autopsy Zombie is already despicable enough to some so I won't gross you readers up further more....therefore I didn't take any pictures of those for you.

Autopsy Zombie

What I do want to show you is the special 'feature' of the Autopsy Zombie. He comes with a 'removeable' stomach piece. That's right, you can remove his stomach to reveal his insides! Of course this is an obvious attempt to re-create the autopsy scene. You can even insert the aforementioned woodchuck carcass or the partially consumed human hand inside the cavity (yup, they fit!). Gross factor = FAR OUT!
 
Autopsy Zombie

Coming back to the quality of the action figure itself, underneath all of the blood, grime and gore, the figure has a pretty decent sculpting and paint/wash to it. The paint is nicely applied without really overdoing it. He's fairly articulated too, so feel free to pose him in all those awkward positions only a zombie can!
 
Autopsy Zombie

THE REBEL'S VERDICT: I can't really say this figure is necessary or essential to your 'Dead collection but he is a great addition to your collection of 'undead. I bet many other 'walkers are coming our way soon in the upcoming series. In fact Series 4 is gonna give us not one but two 'Riot Gear' walkers. The figure does the job well for me. I'd even settle for 'generic' looking walkers for my display but I certainly won't mind 'scene-specific' ones too. The 'well zombie' from Series 2 was outright disgusting/gross but this Autopsy Zombie takes a close second place. Honestly, I hope to see many other walkers in future series so I can 'army build' them to go against the humans. Now, if you ask me, I'd like to see a 'zombified' Shane or 'Penny' (now that The Guv is confirmed for Series 4) being made into walkers' action figures next!
 
Autopsy Zombie

Comments