Quick Snapshot: Matty Collector's Voltron....

Voltron Lion Force
 
Would you believe it that it took me this long to finally assemble my Voltron? Yes, I'm talking about THAT 23" Matty Collector Voltron which technically belongs to my better half really. Yea, she's the real Voltron enthusiast between the two of us so you can imagine how she'd jumped for joy when we first got to know about Matty's producing these lions & pilots and inevitably the 2-foot tall Voltron. We had the Black Lion safely tucked somewhere for almost a year so we finally decided that it was time for him and Keith to come home with the rest of the gang. The sheer packaging of the Black Lion alone will scare you. A buddy of mine thought the white mailer box looked like it's holding an electrical appliance of some sort. The Black Lion is 'hee-yuge' and is way bigger (and way pricier) than the rest of its brothers/sister.
 
As good as the toy may be (it has its fair share of flaws but I'm not gonna go into that today), many had been taken aback by crazy/ridiculous prices Matty had been slapping onto these lions. Those who subscribed to the Club Lion Force subscriptions (I think that is what it was called) were forced to shell out quite a sum to get their quarterly fix delivered to them. As if the items were not ludicrous enough, the shipping cost was a killer too. I'm glad the whole Lion Force sub is over. I just gotta find the time to do a proper review of them lions and Voltron himself. I don't think my better half and I would jump right in if Matty decided to do Vehicle Voltron. Like many others, we had enough too. If you can look beyond the cost factor, then Voltron here is totally worth it if you're a hardcore fan. The design and visual accuracy is spot on (I love how the pilots look uncannily the same like they do on-screen) plus Voltron himself is one huge behemoth of a toy. If you have the means to splash your cash, then this one's for you. Unfortunately for those who want him today, your only option is to scour eVilbay for a decent deal.

Comments