Books: Killer Kaiju & Beasts!

Scored this excellent hardcover book...Killer Kaiju Monsters:  Strange Beasts of Japanese Film...on the cheap! How does RM10 (USD3) sound like for this gem?  #geekyhaul #geekshavethemostfun #kaiju #japanese #japan #film #retro

Found this excellent #cryptozoology book that contains info on 90 mythical/legendary beasts and accompanying illustrations of each...for only RM9.90 (approx USD 2.75). I love it! #geekyhaul #art #myth #mythical #legend #folklore

These were picked up during the crazy book sales at The Mines late last year. Malaysian readers would definitely know what I’m talking about. At about USD3 each, these were a no-brainer. That Kaiju book is a hardcover book too so you know you’re practically robbing these items off the seller.

The kaiju book provides a detailed insight on the Japanese kaiju ‘industry’ (if I can even call it that) and how the monsters evolved throughout different TV shows and movies. I love the colourful graphic and detailed notes on each of them. Such humble beginnings for these killer-yet-sometimes-adorable monsters you’d appreciate the rich history and evolution that each of these kaiju  went through before they appear just the way they are today.

The ‘Beasts’ book explored different mythical monsters taken off various folkslore and legend from around the globe.  I love the simple description and the unique illustration done for each of the monsters. This is a great coffee table book and is very visually striking. It’s a great read if you wanna know more on the different types of un-natural things that go bump in the night as relayed by the different cultures on planet earth. Honestly, some of those monsters scared the lights out of me. Some I’ve heard off and some I didn’t even know existed (now I do, so goodbye sweet dreams....hello nightmare!).


I would recommend you to find these books for your reading pleasure if you’re into monsters and cryptozoology although I am not sure if you’d be able to find them at the prices I’ve mentioned above.

Comments