Marvel Legends Hulkbuster Build-A-Figure with custom paint!

Hulkbuster with custom paint

Got really inspired to custom paint my Marvel Legends Hulkbuster Build-A-Figure (BAF) a couple of days ago after seeing some of the collectors/customizers doing so onto theirs. What Hasbro gave us was basically a hunk of plasticky-looking (otherwise greatly sculpted) action figure. To do this figure justice, you kinda have to apply the paint that he truly deserved. Just take a look at the comparison picture below, do you see how he looks like before AND after?

Ok, for those who had sent me messages on my fb and flickr page on the type of paint used to custom paint the sucka'....I basically used a combination of Citadel and Tamiya acrylic paints. To get the metallic red effect, I first used chrome silver as the undercoat and later clear red over it. Hope this little pointer helps guys!

I wish I have the time to accept the requests being put forward by some of my ML collector buddies for me to repaint theirs. Money ain't the issue here (of course I'm asking for some for my painting skills...hahaha) but time isn't just on my side these days.

#marvellegends #hulkbuster #buildafigure #baf #custom #paint #citadelpaints #tamiyapaint #geekyactivity

Comments

Anonymous said…
Klo mnta tlg repaint hulkbuster mcm nie how much ye kos??coz im truly love dgn artwork awk..
The Rebel said…
Anonymous - Thanks for your kind words. As mentioned, I used a combination of Tamiya and Citadel....I think the colours used were mainly base white, silver, clear red, black & gold. Can't remember how much were the Tamiya paints but the Citadel were about RM13-14 for each tub.

Unfortunately I don't have much time these days to accept commission work (bit tied up with work and other stuff). Wish I could.....but that would mean you probably have to wait anytime between 3-4 weeks for the finished product! Hehe...